Our civilization is not sustainable
Today, most of us seem to recognize that that human society is unsustainable. Many seemingly impossible crises are arising:
- Climate chaos and catastrophe ... See "How to really solve climate change" as a primary example.
- L-curve distribution of wealth and power ... which makes democracy impossible
- The resurgence of Authoritarian leaders ... i.e. From the Box to the Triangle System
- Destroying the commons ... i.e. the "Tragedy of the Commons"
- Pandemics ... e.g. Covid 19
The Monster Wish for society
Here is our wish, we call the "Monster Wish" because 1) it's about solving all the "Monster Problems". And because 2) it encompasses most all of the other wishes people express.
That we (just us) can convene a global conversation where "all" the people get involved; where we face each monster issue and achieve breakthrough progress; where all the people co-create a shared perspective as “We the People” and provide wise leadership to elected officials, corporations and the culture; where this “We the People” conversation sparks a new System of wise democracy and holistic economics; and where all the people gain awareness, understanding, freedom, empowerment and consciousness.
Good news: We can accomplish this Monster Wish (and more) by applying the Wisdom Council Process globally. To understand how this can happen please see the free 5-part video seminar: "Essential Wisdom for solving society's biggest problems".
This new way of operating represents a transformation of governance, economics and "human nature". Naturally most people see this giant step forward as being impossible to achieve. But with new understandings about systems thinking, facilitative change, etc., it becomes clear that this new level of collective wisdom is not only possible but essential.
"The ToBe Project" can facilitate the needed societal transformation
See "The ToBe Project", our proposal to "Together 1st" (the UN and the Global Challenges Foundation ) ...
Illustration: Here's how we might use a Reality TV Show to spark the missing global "We the People" conversation
Video: Democracy pioneer Ned Crosby interviews Jim Rough about the Wisdom Council Process
Ned Crosby developed the Citizens Jury, a deliberative process spreading all over the world. And originated the Jefferson Center for New Democratic Processes and Healthy Democracy Oregon. Jim and Ned are long-time friends,
These links may also be of interest
- Free 5-part video seminar for understanding this new-paradigm approach: "Essential Wisdom for Solving Society's Biggest Issues"
- Society's Breakthrough... How a national change in the U.S. can facilitate global cooperation
- How to transform our society to be sustainable, an 18 min video interview ...with Jim Rough
Be a supporter. Donate to the Center for Wise Democracy! ... All donations are tax-deductible.
We are a 501-c3 organization.
We are a 501-c3 organization.