We develop and teach social innovations by which people can face and solve their most pressing, impossible-seeming issues. These innovations can be used to facilitate systems of people (e.g. groups, organizations, cities, nations) to solve problems creatively and collaboratively ... and to safely transition society to "wise democracy".
We offer a breakthrough approach for solving impossible-seeming issues in society. This approach is made possible through a set of social innovations including:
So, If you are worried about the big issues of global society ... e.g. climate change, wars, poverty, etc. ... and feel a sense of urgency about them, you will want to learn more. Here is an out-of-the-box solution approach that can be applied to different levels of society, including:
- Local towns, cities & communities ... See the flyer for how a group of citizens (or government, or a community foundation) can facilitate the citizens of a community to get involved, face and resolve hot issues, and do it in a way that builds community spirit and trust. (See examples.)
- Global society...To solve issues like climate change and to adequately manage the global commons (e.g. soils, water, oceans, the gene pool, overfishing, and species extinction) requires a collective thinking process. It's more than just raising people's consciousness or even their "collective consciousness". The people need to think together as "We the People," take ultimate responsibility for these problems and steward our threatened planet responsibly. We (a few of us) can facilitate this "We the People" conversation and consciousness into being. See Transforming Global Society.
- National society (e.g American democracy) ... A competition-based form of government was a good design for the 18th century. But as we become more inter-dependent, it cannot last. ... But how do we keep and enhance individual freedoms, yet also work collaboratively toward shared goals? ... The Wisdom Council Process adds a new conversation to what already exists, where we think together in a way that empowers each person and generates collective wisdom. This provides missing element to our democracy where, "We the People" arise to provide responsible leadership. So here's a fast, proven way to transcend the partisan divide, assure election quality, overcome the outsized influence of money in politics, drive away corruption, etc.
- State-wide ... The Wisdom Council Process has already been adopted into the state constitution of Vorarlberg, the Westernmost state of Austria. There it is being used to help resolve issues like the influx of Syrian refugees and land use planning. (See examples). So we know the Wisdom Council Process can work at large scale.
- organizations ... e.g. The Wisdom Council Process can also be used in organizations, conferences and all sorts of human networks. (see examples: a food co-op, a conference, corporations)
To understand this new-paradigm approach most people find it valuable to experience it by taking a seminar. See the seminars on "Dynamic Facilitation."
EXAMPLE #1: State-wide ... Here's are two short videos showing how the state government of Voralberg in Austria is using the Wisdom Council Process to help citizens address and solve contentious issues, like the influx of refugees and land use planning.
EXAMPLE #2: Currently in the United States bitter political battling obliterates the possibility of collective intelligence. Most people feel excluded from democratic participation. And elected leaders often represent moneyed interests more than their constituents. How might we (just a few of us) facilitate "We the People" to come back into being? ... where We periodically think together in the spirit of choice-creating, and reach shared conclusions? Below is a short video describing one example for how this might happen within a reality TV Show. (3.5 min video):
Check out "Our Story" of how these social innovations and this whole-system strategy came about.