We develop and teach social innovations which facilitate people to face and solve their most pressing, impossible-seeming issues. These innovations can be used to facilitate whole systems of people (e.g. groups, cities, nations) to work together creatively and collaboratively as "We the People." And to a new level of collective intelligence ... i.e. "wise democracy".
We bring good news ... a breakthrough approach for solving impossible-seeming issues in society holistically. This approach is made possible through a set of social innovations including:
Bottom line: If you are worried about big issues in society ... e.g. climate change, wars, poverty, etc. ... and feel a sense of urgency about them, you will want to learn more. Here is a solution approach that's already proven to work at large scale.
Here's how it can work for different levels of society:
- Local towns, cities & communities ... See the flyer for how a group of citizens (or government, or a community foundation) can facilitate the citizens of a community to get involved, face and resolve hot issues, and do it in a way that builds the spirit of community. (See examples.)
- Global society...To solve issues like climate change and to adequately manage the global commons (e.g. soils, water, oceans, the gene pool, overfishing, and species extinction) requires a collective thinking process. The people need to come together as "We the People," take ultimate responsibility for our planet and intelligently steward our threatened planet. We (a few of us) can facilitate this "We the People" conversation into being. See Transforming Global Society.
- National society (e.g American democracy) ... A competition-based form of government was a good design for the 18th century. But as we become more inter-dependent, it cannot last. But how do we keep individual freedoms and initiative, but also work together collaboratively toward shared goals? ... The Wisdom Council Process takes nothing away from our current system. It just adds a new conversation by which the missing element of our democracy comes into being, "We the People". Using the Wisdom Council Process nationally we can heal the partisan divide, assure election quality, overcome the outsized influence of money on politics, eliminate corruption, etc., etc.
- State-wide ... The Wisdom Council Process has already been adopted into the state constitution of Vorarlberg, the Westernmost state of Austria. It's being used there to help resolve issues like the influx of Syrian refugees, healthcare and land use planning. (See examples). So we know the Wisdom Council Process works at this scale.
- organizations ... e.g. The Wisdom Council Process can also be used in organizations, conferences and human networks as well. (see examples: a food co-op, a conference, corporations)
-To understand this new-paradigm approach it is helpful to experience it ... Building this personal experience happens best from taking a seminar. See the seminars on "Dynamic Facilitation."
EXAMPLE #1: State-wide ... Here's are two short videos showing how the state government of Voralberg in Austria is using the Wisdom Council Process to help citizens address and solve contentious issues, like the influx of refugees and land use planning.
EXAMPLE #2: Nationally in the United States bitter political battling obliterates the possibility of collective intelligence. Most people feel excluded from democratic participation. And elected leaders often represent moneyed interests more than their constituents. How might we (just a few of us) facilitate the whole-system public conversation necessary for true democracy? ... where we periodically think together in the spirit of choice-creating, and reach shared conclusions? Below is a short video describing one example for how this might happen within a reality TV Show. (3.5 min video):
Check out "Our Story" of how these social innovations and this whole-system strategy came about.