What is the Wisdom Council?
The Wisdom Council is a way the people of a very large system—e.g. citizens of a community, members of an organization, citizens of a nation—can address and solve difficult issues together — achieving thoughtful, near-unanimous results. The process builds the spirit of community, solves difficult problems, and builds the capacity for collective wisdom.
- So here's a way governments can transcend partisanship on difficult stuck public issues by setting up a Creative Insight Council.
- Or government can provide a way for the people determine the issue and provide direction using an Individual Wisdom Council.
- Also, here's a way that ordinary citizens of a town or state can spark a change in public conversation. They can convene a Creative Insight Council or use The Wisdom Council Process to establish on ongoing creative conversation.
- Plus, here's a strategy for transforming the national and global "System" away from special interest dominance to where "We the People" bring collective consciousness to our nation and to the world. Key is using the Wise Democracy strategy to go from collective stupidity to collective intelligence..
- A number of books describe the Wisdom Council strategy as a way to bring new levels of democracy including:
- Society's Breakthrough! Releasing Essential Wisdom and Virtue in All the People by Jim Rough;
- Tao of Democracy by Tom Atlee
- Spontaneous Evolution by Bruce Lipton and Steve Bhaerman
- Escaping the Matrix by Richard K. Moore
- Reuniting America by Joseph McCormick and Steve Bhaerrman
- Empowering Public Wisdom by Tom Atlee
Article: A Rebirth of 'We the People' by Jim Rough
- Be a supporter. Donate to the Center for Wise Democracy! ... All donations are tax-deductible. We are a 501-c3 organization.